Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Danae

In my session with Bill, we talked a lot about my miscarriage. It was 2 days before Christmas and it was a very early miscarriage.

He asked if I had mourned for her, I said I don't know. I don't think I had.

She was only a couple of weeks old, just a blob, but she was the embodiment of all the hope and love between Husband and I. So I have decided to name her.

Her name is Danae. I know I will mourn her, and I know that there are women who have suffered more than I, but I do need to recognise that I have lost my child.

For Husband, she was not quite real, he didn't have the deep connection with her that I did. For him, it was more the loss of the hope. He hasn't talked of it much.

Now I am starting to feel hope again, a small light piercing the dark clouds that have surrounded me for so very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment