Thursday, July 2, 2009

Is it just me?

Is it just me or is anyone else afraid of asking questions about things they just don't get?

Not that I mind appearing ignorant about things other people think everyone knows, but because I invariably ask the most embarrassing questions most innocently.

I just don't get a lot of "blue" humour.

Like the time Husband and I were driving home late at night, and a segment on Triple M came on called "Dolphin Juice". I innocently remarked to Husband "How on earth do people think of such random names for radio shows, do they pick two random words out of the dictionary?"
Husband: "Uh.... you don't know what that means?"
Me: "It means something?"
Husband: "Uh.... it means.... ummm"
I will save you the rest of the conversation, but apparently dolphin juice is a euphemism about ejaculate.
HOW WAS I MEANT TO KNOW THAT?!?!?

So I have learned, if I don't know something, always ask Husband things out of the ear shot of other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment