Saturday, September 11, 2010

Real Food Challenge

I am doing the Real Food Challenge

The hardest thing, is definitely missing chocolate :( I admit, I am a chocoholic, and I know that I had let it get too far for me, this challenge was a great kick start to not eating any chocolate. But I made it, no chocolate at all! I had a tremendous headache on the third day, I think from withdrawals from the caffine, I shudder to think how much chocolate I ate to make me have withdrawals.

It was a little tough to find local meat providers, but I managed to find one, which is great. Local fruit and veges were much easier, there is a local greengrocer and we live on the edge of the "rural" part of our area, so that was perhaps the easiest thing about the pledge.

I definitely will be more intentional and conscious when choosing food from now on, there is so much junk on the shelves of the supermarkets. Cooking from scratch is so much healthier, and saves money, I am determined not to use any jars of pre-prepared sauces etc.

My health, well, I have lost 2.5kgs, which is great! And I am feeling healthier in myself, especially when I am not eating so much junk.

So here is to a healthier, more intentional me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment