Friday, November 26, 2010

30 Days of giving - Impromptu giving

30-Day Giving Challenge

My sister rang me asking me for a favour, she has 4 children, and the eldest (7) wears glasses. The glasses were broken during playing and she was wondering if I could take the eldest child to have her frames fixed.

I said yes, of course. And I took her to get the frames fixed.
The people at the optometrist said that it was going to be tricky to fix, so come back in 30 mins, so I walked around the shopping centre with a 7 year old and a 6 month old, and went back.
The frames broke during the attempt to fix it, so they had to go and get new frames, but had to wait to ask me to ask my permission..... and then I had to go away for another hour while they did that......

So, a simple errand took 1.5 hours, but at least my sister didn't have to wander around the shopping centre for that long with 4 kids, one who is sick.

So that is my giving today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment