Friday, November 5, 2010

30 days of Giving - in the scriptures

Why give? The answer -

"In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" Acts 20:35~

John answered, "The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same." Luke 3:11

" But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in Him?" I John 3:17


Today, I am going through my books, clothes and house items to give some away. I will be giving the books and house items to our church for a garage sale, and the clothes to an op shop.

I am overwhelmed that I have too much, we are showered with riches, and I am nowhere grateful enough. I am praying that this month I can open my eyes to how I can give, in this month and in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment