Sunday, January 9, 2011

The passion of teenagers

I have been pondering for the past couple of months about my past. Thinking of what has been and what could have been.

But what struck me, was I have lost the passion and the enthusiasm of my teen years. For teens, being passionate is as necessary as hormones.

Passion for my faith. I am still in love with God, I believe him wholly, I am never going to change that. But I feel the fire, the passion and enthusiasm has died down.

Falling in love with God in my teens was like falling in love for the first time, all your time and attention goes towards your paramour, every moment you are thinking of him, and him only. You pine until you can see him again and rejoice when you meet again.

But now, it feels like some marriages (so I have heard), stale and lacking in the spark that you used to have.

So how do I resurrect this spark?

I am going to pray more, read the bible more and thank God that He is faithful, even when I am not.

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10

No comments:

Post a Comment