Saturday, February 5, 2011

I know it is early for Easter but......

Okay, so yes, I am jumping the gun a little for Easter, but last year I read a post on We Are That Family about making Story Eggs for Easter.

So I have decided that I will make some.

12 plastic eggs, and 12 things to go in them:


1. A picture of a donkey (Jesus triumphal entry)
2. Palm leaf  (Jesus triumphal entry)
3. A cup (from the Last Supper)
4. A leaf (representing the Garden where Jesus prayed)
5. Some coins (Judas’ betrayal)
6. A piece of leather (symbolizing the whip)
7. A thorn (crown of thorns)
8. A paper cross
9. A dice (represent the soldiers who gambled for his clothes)
10. A nail (crucifixion)
11. A rock (to cover the tomb)
12. An empty egg (to remember the empty tomb!)

You can find the original post here

Thank you to We Are That Family for a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment