Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rona's adventures

This past weekend, my Dad, my brother Daniel, Rona and I went into the city, to see an exhibit of the Terracotta Warriors. I have wanted to see them for ages, and Husband has been working 7 days a week all year, so I organised to go with my Dad and brother.

Photobucket

That is my beautiful family on the steps of the NSW Art Gallery

Photobucket

This is the only Chinese statue that I was allowed to take a photo of

Photobucket

What wonderful horses!

Photobucket

And this man, so wonderful!

We had a great time, it was quite crowded, but you get that.

They had not only the warriors, but also other artifacts. I loved the waterbirds, a heron, and two swans that are made of bronze that were made for a garden for the Emperor, so he could enjoy it in the afterlife.

Rona seemed to enjoy it, loved talking to the people while we were waiting in line. And funnily enough, she paid the most attention to a suit of armour that was in the exhibit than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment