Saturday, July 23, 2011

Buttercream Icing

I am not a big fan of cakes or icing (well, when I am eating them). But I finally found a fabulous buttercream icing recipe that I like to eat and is super easy to get right

This is from The Kitchen Magpie

How To: Make The Best Buttercream Icing
Print
Recipe Type: icing,
Author: Karlynn Johnston
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 6 mins
Serves: 6
The Best Buttercream Icing ever, all because of rich cream and salted butter. You won’t find another to match the decadence of this icing.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup of salted butter
  • 3 teaspoons of vanilla
  • 4 cups of icing sugar
  • 4-5 tablespoons of coffee cream (18% and up)
Instructions
  1. Trust me on this one and use salted butter in this icing.
  2. Whip that butter, with a paddle beater if you have it, if not, don’t worry.
  3. Add in the icing sugar. **I came back to edit this to say that fresh icing sugar makes all the difference. Icing sugar goes stale, and you can sure taste it when it does! Crack open a fresh bag for icings, you won’t be sorry!**
  4. Add in the cream. Not milk, cream. I used 4 tablespoons for my preference, you adjust to what you want.
  5. Stiffer icing = less cream.
  6. Whippier icing = more cream. Vanilla…. I used 3 teaspoons, again, you can try a little more if you like.Then keep mixing it until fluffy and thoroughly combined
It is absolutely fabulous and you should definitely try it!

Thanks Kitchen Magpie!

No comments:

Post a Comment