Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Your Baby Can Read - progress notes

As promised, I am updating you all about Rona's progress on Your Baby Can Read.

We have been watching the DVDs most days, and reading flash cards less often, but a couple of times a week.
Rona can get bored with the DVDs if I follow the suggested method.
This method is DVD 1 only for a month, then DVD 2 for another month. Rona doesn't like that so much, so we have watched in the past 5-6 weeks mostly DVD 1 and 2, but also started 3 about a week and a half ago.

Rona does love the DVDs, they are so cheerful and very friendly.

Rona loves playing with the flash cards, especially the slide out ones, which has a tab you can pull and show the picture that is related to the word on the card.

I don't know if she can read as yet, but she definitely knows more words since she started watching the DVDs.

Rona knows a lot of body parts (for her age) now: arm, foot/feet, toes, head, hair, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, teeth and tongue.
She is also trying to say more words, which is great.

I think she is enjoying reading books even more than she did before.

Mind you,  I don't know what she would have picked up on her own, without the DVDs, but I am happy with how she is progressing.

 I would be happy with her progress no matter what, but I love seeing her learn new things, and seeing her be so proud of herself really makes my day.

Rona decided she wanted to read A LOT yesterday, we read for 50 minutes straight and read 31 books! Here is a picture of them
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. that is so great! i love that you took a photo. physical proof of the STACK :)

    ReplyDelete