Monday, September 12, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

I admit, I am a bit of a literary snob, or at least, I was.

I have recently found sites featuring fan fiction.

Fan Fiction according to Wikipedia is a broadly-defined term for fan labor regarding stories about characters (or simply fictional characters) or settings written by fans of the original work, rather than by the original creator.

I am enjoying spending time reading amateur authors' works, it is what I have been "writing" in my head all my life. Ever since I was little, I have always imagained characters in books or films and changed plots etc to suit a story I made up in my head.

Husband doesn't know my new obsession, I think he would be shocked that a literary snob would be reading fan fiction.

But yes, fan fiction is my guilty pleasure.

What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment