Friday, March 30, 2012

sleep deprivation

According to wikipedia - Sleep deprivation is the condition of not having enough sleep; it can be either chronic or acute. A chronic sleep-restricted state can cause fatigue, daytime sleepiness, clumsiness and weight loss or weight gain. It adversely affects the brain and cognitive function.

At the moment Rona is very unsettled at night, often being awake for a couple of hours (usually from 3am-5am or thereabouts). I am working on getting her out of this habit.
At the moment Rona is getting enough sleep for her age, so that is good.


But at the moment I am on somewhere between 4 and 6 hours of sleep at night.
I really need at least 8, 9 if possible.

So I am sleep deprived....
This is not fun at all, I have tried going to bed earlier, and it gets me up to about 6 hours of sleep at night ( I tried going to bed even earlier, but I can't sleep if I go to bed too much earlier.

I will make it through this phase. I keep telling myself that it is just a phase and one that will hopefully pass sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment